Southern California Regional Meeting
Thursday, August 11, 2016 | 12 to 1:30 pm
Networking | Education | Lunch
$20 Members | $30 Non-members
Navigating Employment Policies and Handbooks
This session will cover the effective use of employment policies and handbooks in managing a California workforce. Strong and clear policies allow management to communicate expectations and facilitate enhanced performance and productivity. Such policies also strengthen the management/labor relationship by augmenting employee understanding of the standards and practices of the workplace.
Specific topics will include:
- The legal significance of employment policies
- Formation of at-will employment relationships
- Administration of performance improvement and discipline
- Protections offered by equal employment opportunity policies
- Proper employment compensation and classifications
- Offering meal and rest periods, managing leaves of absence and other time-off
- Permitting personal and corporate electronic devices usage
- Maintaining trade secrets and confidential information
Palmer Kazanjian Attorneys
Mr. Hodson represents management before federal and state courts and administrative agencies in all aspects of employment law litigation. His representation has included such areas of expertise as wrongful termination, unlawful discrimination and harassment, retaliation, wage and hour, workplace violence, leaves of absence, unfair competition and misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract and defamation. Mr. Hodson also represents management in all aspects of labor law before the National Labor Relations Board and similar state agencies including representation elections, unfair labor practice charges and hearings, collective bargaining negotiations, contract arbitrations and picketing and strikes.
Click the register button above to sign up!
---------------- Sponsored By ----------------